|Thank you for supporting the 6th Annual Lend to End [poverty] Fundraiser in support of The Townships Project.
It was a fantastic success, raising more than $50,000 and attracting more than 300 people!
||Tuesday, May 8th, 2012
5:30 to 8:30 PM
401 Bay Street, 8th floor
(corner of Bay and Queen)
Tickets: Your $100 ticket includes:
- A brand new VENUE – Arcadian Loft is opening just weeks before our event, and features floor to ceiling windows overlooking Old City Hall and breathtaking modern loft style décor.
- Complimentary wine, beer and soft drinks - Wines of South Africa will be hosting tasting stations throughout the party, featuring several South African wines
- Hors D’oeuvres, featuring Oliver and Bonacini’s chef driven cuisine
- Fashion by Dare to Wear Love – the creation of Hoax Couture designers and founders, Chris Tyrell and Jim Searle. Inspired by the resilience of African grandmothers raising children orphaned by AIDS, Jim and Chris invited twenty-five of Canada’s top fashion designers to design an outfit made with 6 yards of African fabric. Members of our committee and volunteers will be wearing these incredible couture dresses at the event.
- An installation and silent auction by AbantuArt, a gallery of Shona sculpture, masks and artifacts of Africa which reflects the artistic talents that arise from the people of Africa and its incorporation into interior and exterior décor. 10% PLUS all proceeds above the initial bid on each item goes directly to The Townships Project.
- Custom made “Lend to End [poverty]” cookies and cupcakes by prettysweet
- Live music by CBC-supported Waleed Abdulhamid and his African jazz trio